What are the licensing and permission required to perform Drone Aerial Inspection?
There are no licensing on drone operation in Japan however, completing training courses accredited by Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism is recommended to obtain their approval.

List of approved flight schools:
Do you need a license to fly drones in Japan?
Flying heavier than 200g machines inside Densely Inhabited Districts require registration with MLIT. Check the list of Densely Inhabited District (DID) area here:
(We are approved to fly over: Densely Inhabited District, Beyond BVLOS, Under 30m and Operations at night)

Also in advance to our operation, we inform the regional police, property owners and the district governor in advance. Permit by the regional air control center is required when flying drones over 150 meters from the ground or near airport. Flying over major ports may require submission of notification to the Coast Guard and consents from the administrators of designated facilities. For more information please contact Japan Coast Guard.

Facilities inside of plants or in-house inspection do not require public authorizations.
Can you inspect concentric chimneys?
Yes we inspect several concentric flute smokestacks annually. We continue to advance our technology and services too meet our client requests.
What is the limit of internal diameter?
2m but may depend on other factors such as height and duct length of the asset. Please contact us for more information.
Anything to be aware of in prior to drone inspection?
Drone operation in Industrial Plant can be destructed by abnormality of magnetic sensor due to asset's structures, large machinery, electromagnetic interference, error on air pressure sensor etc. Also, some areas are fire protected or explosion protected. For detailed information on drone use in industrial plant, please refer to " Guidelines and Collection of Use Case Examples Compiled for Promoting Safe Use of Drones in Plants" published by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Fire and Disaster Management Agency (FDMA) and the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW).

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any inquiry.
* It is a required Input field.

Contact Us: TEL: 086-427-3260 ( Mon.-Fri. 9AM-5PM)